1. One of the most basic energy conservation ideas is to take advantage of local products. Transportation is the main contributor to environmental pollution, so if you buy local, it minimizes the distance those things need to travel. This reduces the amount of fuel used, and, in turn, the environmental harm.
2. One of the most discussed energy conservation tips is carbon tax. If it is more expensive for businesses to use damaging fossil fuels, they would more likely switch to renewable sources of energy.
3. One of the already widely practiced energy conservation techniques is the elimination of incandescent light bulbs. Switching to fluorescent bulbs would save about 100 pounds of coal for every bulb, as well as a lot of energy.
4. Plant trees, flower or shrubs – this is one of the best energy conservation tips. Plants and trees are a natural filter for air and they clear out carbon. This helps make the air cleaner on decelerate global warming.
5. Building close communities is another discussed energy conservation ideas. In such communities public transportation is a more attractive option than personal vehicle use. They are also bike-friendly and pedestrian-friendly.
6. Create government subsidies for renewable energy sources. In addition to this, make fossil fuels more expensive, which will eventually eliminate dependence on them.
7. Offer tax credits to businesses and individuals who use products of alternative energy. If such credits were available, there would probably be more people installing solar panels, etc.
8. Use smart power grids, which will allow the supply of energy from different sources, especially sources of renewable energy. This will allow for the storage of wind and solar energy until it is needed.
9. Use electric and hybrid cars, which use a lot less energy. This way you can conserve energy and still meet your transportation needs.
10. Implement waste to energy programs, which creates clean energy. This will also get rid of the ever-mounting garbage in landfills.
Of course, these are mainly methods for the government to implement, but as an individual, there are many more conservation techniques you can implement in your home. For example, take showers instead of baths. If you run a bath, it wastes more water than a shower. Install light dimmers around your home to save electricity. Use thick curtains for those drafty windows in the winter and you won’t need to keep turning up your thermostat. Better yet, weatherproof your windows and doors. Unplug electric devices that are not in use, as they can still draw electricity from the socket. Replace leaky faucets, which could annually waste up to 30,000 gallons of water. Finally, wash your clothes in cold water, which, contrary to the popular belief, does clean!
For more information on energy conservation, go to:
4 Responses to “Top 10 Energy Conservation Ideas – Updated Article With Extra Information”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.