The Benefits of Bioplastics
Enter bioplastics. These non-toxic and eco-friendly polymers made from the biomass of organic materials like felled trees are now revolutionizing the production of everyday items like shopping bags, fishing nets and disposable cutlery. These plastics biodegrade much faster, and the manufacturing process only requires about half of the energy needed to produce oil-based plastics. Furthermore, the production methods of bioplastics emit zero greenhouse gases when compared with the production methods of their fossil-fuel counterparts.
The environmental benefits don’t stop there. According to Ecofriend.com, “After being discarded these bioplastics are molded into water and organic content that mingles in the soil and makes it healthier.”
- The exciting world of bioplastics technology: Changing our lives every day
- Oxo biodegradable plastic: supreme eco-friendliness
- More companies going green with biodegradable packaging and the benefits they share.
- How Corn Plastics are Made?
- 7 Applications for Synthetic Biodegradable Polymers