Recent studies are showing that there may have been a combination of causes for the collapse of such an extensive society. Research is indicating that long term drought may have been the cause of the fall of the Mayan civilization, but also the fault may be with the Mayans themselves. To support their society, the Mayans continually removed the tropical forest canopies as well as extended their deforestation practices. It is known that massive deforestation in tropical and subtropical zones does have an effect on weather patterns, as the forests themselves are an integral part of the weather balance.
- Sustainability: Changes We Can Make for the Earth that are Pretty Easy
- Are Green Certified Homes Worth More?
- Eco-friendly Kitchen Trends
- 7 Most Dangerous Types Of Environmental Pollution
- Why More Businesses Are Going Green
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.